The electrical system Scaretape is a newly developed system which fits all birds. The system consists of two parallel aluminium strips, which are mounted onto a grey or anthracite PVC profile with special insulation.
When birds touch the system, they will receive an effective electric shock. This harmless shock will scare the birds away just like an electric fence.
The important characteristics of the K60 electrical system
- The electrical system consists of two parallel aluminium strips, which are mounted onto a grey or anthracite PVC profile with special insulation. The PVC profile is UV and weather resistant, the system is normally durable up to 10 years or more.
- Because of its 9mm height and its grey body (for dark attics the anthracite profile), the profile is very discreet. The system is also available in different colours and can be tailored to any specific colour (minimum quantity provided).
- After proper cleaning and with an additional primer if needed, the profile may be glued to most surfaces, including metal, glass, stone, tiles, asphalt, marble, treated wood and steel.
- The electricity runs through the aluminium strips. Due to its fixation to the profile, shortcuts cannot occur.
- These systems are fed by up to 5,000 volts, enough to shock but not enough to cause any lasting harm. This voltage is high enough to power up to 1,000m of wiring.
- The power surge should be placed in the outside.
- The Power monitor supervises the electrical system permanently and sends out an automatic
warning by SMS if the system gets interrupted or the power gets insufficient.
- The electrical system is suitable for medium to heavy populations of birds.