Architectural cables consist of parallel tensioned stainless steel cables. They are stretched horizontally or vertically in front of facades and used as climbing aids and fall protection in car parks. With close gaps between the cables they are also used for bird control.
Architectural cables are also suitable as high quality architectural facade elements.
The important characteristics of architectural cables
- Architectural cables are anchored and stressed at suitable points by boring.
- The cables can be laid over long stretches and enhance the visual effect of the facade.
- Due to the high tension the cables are suitable for facade limiting, greening and bird control.
- Architectural cables are individually made to order and structurally verified by a firm of engineering consultants.
- Architectural cable is suitable for medium to heavy populations.